6 ways to boost your driving school website’s performance in Search
1. Get Listed at Google Places – more
2. Start a Blog – more
3. Comment on Blogs – more
5. Get links from other sites similar to yours – more
6. Write articles with links to your site and submit them to Article Alley and other article sites
“If you build it they will come” is a slight misquote from the Costner movie Field of Dreams. In the movie Costner is told that the baseball field that he is building will be visited by a famous (and dead) baseball player from the past, and his fellow players. In the early days of the internet, this was often the dominant thinking in website design and promotion – if you build a nice website, people will come to it of their own volition.
Nowadays that idea is almost entirely discredited – Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a must or your site will just get lost amongst many other driving school websites.
The prime way that people are going to find your site is through search engines. 60% or more of all search is done by Google, so having a site rank well in Google is pretty important. So how do we get our site to rank well?
There are two factors that we can consider – what we might call onsite factors and offsite factors.
Onsite factors generally include the following:
- Meta Tags – This is hidden code, designed just for search engines – you need to have good and relevant Title and Description Tags as well as image alt tags heading tags etc
- Quality text – Unique, relevant to your site, full of keywords (but not unnaturally stuffed with keywords)
Offsite factors is mainly about getting links to your site – my 7 tips above will help you get more links.
If you haven’t got the time or inclination to do this yourself, then feel free to get in touch.