7 ways to boost your website’s performance in Search
1. Get Listed at Google Places – more
2. Start a Blog – more
3. Comment on Blogs – more
4. Get listed at Directories – more
5. Get links from other sites similar to yours – more
6. Start a lens at Squidoo
7. Write articles with links to your site and submit them to Article Alley and other article sites
“If you build it they will come” is a slight misquote from the Costner movie Field of Dreams. In the movie Costner is told that the baseball field that he is building will be visited by a famous (and dead) baseball player from the past, and his fellow players. In the early days of the internet, this was often the dominant thinking in website design and promotion – if you build a nice website, people will come to it of their own volition.
Nowdays that idea is almost entirely discredited – Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a must or your site will just get lost amongst many other sites.
The prime way that people are going to find your site is through search engines. 60% or more of all search is done by Google, so having a site rank well in Google is pretty important. So how do we get our site to rank well?
There are two factors that we can consider – what we might call onsite factors and offsite factors.
Onsite factors generally include the following:
- Meta Tags – This is hidden code, designed just for search engines – you need to have good and relevant Title and Description Tags
- Quality text – Unique, relevant to your site, full of keywords (but not unnaturally stuffed with keywords)
Offsite factors is mainly about getting links to your site – my 7 tips above will help you get more links.
If you haven’t got the time or inclination to do this yourself, then feel free to get in touch to discuss my link building services.
Check out this wordpress driving school site – www.start-riteandweybridgedrivingschool.co.uk/